Here we have given a small guide that will help you decide the
best location for you if you are interested in buying land to start up
If you want to start a food stall or a restaurant or plan to
go into the retail business, it is very important that you choose a
good location for your business. It is also important to choose a good
location when you are about to start a production or manufacturing
To evaluate the location that you have chosen, answer the
- What is the total cost of acquiring the property?
- Does the site provide as much space as you need?
- If customers visit your place of business - Is adequate,
convenient and safe parking available? & Is public transportation
- Is the location likely to develop "drop in" or "impulse"
- Is the site located at a popular area (E.g. Near a movie
theater or a shopping complex)? If not, you will have to spend a lot of
money marketing your product/service and it will eat into your profits!
- What other types of businesses are located around your
site? Are they going to compete with your business?
- Is fire protection close by?
- Are basic utilities available (E.g. water, electricity,
sewer, gas etc.) at a reasonable cost?
- Are you going to be transporting products from one part of
India to the other? If so, are the expressways located close to your
- What is the history of the site? What types of businesses
were previously run at the site? Why are these businesses no longer
After seeking answers to these question you will be able to
get a good judgment of how good the location you have selected is.
In some businesses some questions are more important than
other questions. For E.g. If you are in the manufacturing business, you
will not have too many customers coming to your site. So you do not
have to bother about customer parking. If you are in the retail
business, customer paring is an important factor.
Next - Things you “must” check before you buy land! >>
<< Previous - How to buy land in India? - Introduction
Table Of Contents
- How to buy land in
India? – Introduction
How to choose the “best” location for the land you
Things you “must” check before you buy land!
The actual process of buying land